If you read through my archives or listen to me talk for any decent length of time, you'll probably read or hear me say one or several times the phrase "There's something to be said for ... ." You know, there's something to be said for making your own ice cream. There's something to be said for having a cat on your lap. There's something to be said for batting your best hitter second overall.
I thought I would make a nonexhaustive list of the things for which there is nothing to be said.
- Intentional walks
- Beanball wars
- Yuniesky Betancourt
- Coors Light, especially at the ballpark
- The All-Star Game mattering
- Draft pick compensation limits
- Hazing rookies using imagery that implies that to be female is to be lesser
- The fake-to-third, throw-to-first move
- Moral judgements based on on-field results
- Fans running onto the field
- The eight-man bullpen
- Getting all uptight about asking an innocent softball question about beer
- Teddy Roosevelt
More from y'all?
@jlwoj i'd add, nothing to be said for rain delay programming or senior citizens rounding up foul balls.